Makeup & Anxiety.

20:30


I've always been the girl that doesn't like going out without putting makeup on. I feel like everyone is constantly staring at me as I walk around. Even if I am just going across the road to the shops, I would still feel the need to put some sort of makeup on to cover my face. Recently, I'm starting to become more comfortable within my own skin. I don't have the best skin in the world, I get pimples, I have dark under eye circles, and spots of discolouration. But, the one thing I've started telling myself when I go out is 'who cares what other people think of me?', or, 'As long as I'm happy with myself, that's all that matters!'
I suppose the route of all the insecurity and anxiety came from being a teenage girl at school, feeling like I didn't fit in or, didn't have what other girls had etc. I felt like I needed to be a part of that 'popular girl' image that is portrayed so much and so highly on social media nowadays, and that took its toll on my education. I spent so much time focusing on how I looked and trying to have what others girls had, that it took all my time and efforts away from what was really important. (Now I feel like I'm rambling a little!)


I guess all I'm trying to say is, girls, don't let how you look or material things define you, or get in the way of the more important things in life. It doesn't matter if you don't look like the girls in the magazine, or if you don't get as much attention as someone else, or if you don't have that many friends, because I guarantee, that small handful of friends you do have, will be your friends for life. Focus on being  the best version of yourself, not somebody else.



I decided to upload and image of me without makeup, and then right next to it an image of me with makeup. I encourage everyone that see's this to do the same thing! Embrace your natural beauty but also, don't be afraid to go all out glam with makeup! After all, makeups there to be used, so use it to your advantage and forget about everybody else's opinion..




You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Abbey, your beauty shines right through like a sunbeam! Learning to love yourself is the beginning of a happy and wholesome life. I wish you all the best in your endeavours; also the integrety and grace to carry yourself through what you dont succeed in. 'A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge'
    Im proud of you girl! Carry on being the best role model to yourself.
    ~Em Sherwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey, your beauty shines right through like a sunbeam! Learning to love yourself is the beginning of a happy and wholesome life. I wish you all the best in your endeavours; also the integrety and grace to carry yourself through what you dont succeed in. 'A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge'
    Im proud of you girl! Carry on being the best role model to yourself.
    ~Em Sherwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This honestly means so much to me! Thank you for such kind words Em. ♥

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful with and without makeup!

    ReplyDelete